Thursday, April 2, 2020

Welcome To Day One of My Blog!

It is interesting to me that I should start my online blog on my son's 18th birthday, during a worldwide pandemic, two days before my second anniversary of being diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes. But, here I am, week two of a stay-at-home order, not being able to go back to work at my children's center until at least May.  Sigh.

In watching YouTube, the news, QVC, and other media, (which I'm doing a lot more of these days), I am quickly realizing a common theme.  In this new way of higher-than-normal stressful and unconventional living, people are beginning to tend towards either one of two ways.  Either really focusing on their self-care, getting disciplined about their eating and exercise habits (meal-planning, et. al), or going the complete opposite direction of letting themselves totally go.  Eating and drinking to excess, maybe beginning to experiment with unhealthy outlets (drugs, etc.). The new stressors of online remote-learning, being in close contact with family members in small quarters, being uprooted from dorms and finding themselves all of a sudden to have to abide by different, possibly more stringent rules in the household-these can cause havoc in many aspects or people's lives.  There is even the fear of more and more domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault cases not being accounted for. Frightening.

So, I figure, this would be a good time to tell my story.  How hard work and discipline CAN AND DOES pay off.  I had to hit rock-bottom to change my life, but maybe you don't have to.  Maybe a stay-at-home order is an advantageous time to really look at your self-care.  What can be improved upon?  What is working for you?  What is not working for you and should be let go of completely?  Do you need to seek out professional help?

I am planning on writing this blog weekly, but maybe more at first, since I have more time to devote to it right now.  I am not the most eloquent writer.  This blog may feel kind of like journal entries to you,  so bear with me.  I am not seeking profit or monetary gain from this project.  I just truly feel, in my heart or hearts, that these last two years have been a time of incredible growth for me in all areas-physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.   I feel there is a higher purpose to what I have experienced.  I believe, if I can inspire just ONE PERSON, then all I have gone though and all that I have accomplished was worth it.

So, join me in my journey, won't you?

Here are two pictures for you to see. The bottom one taken in 2000, at my highest weight of 339 pounds. The top one was taken a couple of weeks ago, at the weight of 154.

Until next time...stay well!

Be a butterfly...🦋




6 comments:

  1. Way to go Donna, way to show your body who is boss!! I wish I had your strength and determination. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment!! I will look
    Forward to your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, You give me inspiration to eat well and try to continue to exercise. I have had a fitness friend since August of 2019 and I miss not being able to workout with her. Now I have been doing Zoom classes with the YMCA. And now I am going to try to read your blog and keep the goodness going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna I found you by Walk At Home post on Instagram and found the bit they shared their inspiring and decided to come here to follow. Right now I am battling my own weight, depression and and dis-ordered eating. Thank you for being brave enough to share your story and help us who are still struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Donna, I found u today actually on IG Walk At Home post and I just want to say very inspirational and motivating. I deal with anxiety and this weight gain due to my PCOS. It’s a struggle but I’m trying to lose the weight and maintain. U really inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly Leave a Comment, Question, or YOUR Story!